The Skylane Optics MDC8UU470A0F – 8+1 Channel CWDM MUX/DEMUX is a high performance MUX/DEMUX module for CWDM dual fibre applications. CWDM is an acronym for Coarse Wavelength Division Multiplexing. The CWDM technology is a safe and proven way of creating a flexible, “pay as you grow” type of high capacity optical network.
Once the MUX/DEMUX module is installed you can add extra capacity to your network, without ever having to break the existing traffic. The MUX/DEMUX module consists of a multiplexing unit that combines all eight wavelength into one single mode fibre strand and a de-multiplexing unit that splits the incoming light into eight distinctive data channels.
The Extension port enables upgrade to additional CWDM wavelengths in the O and E-bands.
The mechanical package is a practical ½ rack size unit that can be used stand alone or in the Skylane 1U 19» rack, L2K09153-01.
- 8 possible CWDM centre wavelengths according to ITU-T G.694.2 standard (1471, 1491, 1511, 1531, 1551, 1571, 1591, 1611 nm)
- Extension port in 1300 band for channel upgrade or 1310 nm surveillance channel
- Half Width Rack Mount size
- Standard LC/PC connector
- Telcordia 1209 and
- Metro core
- FTTH & FTTC
Quality Makes the difference
- Corporate social responsibility (CSR)
- Local presence worldwide
- ESD/ Class 10K Clean Room
- Incoming and Outgoing Quality Control (IQC/OQC)