Verification of optical interface is the very first to check on all transceivers. During this stage, not only cleanliness of all optical interfaces is inspected using an automated probe, but we also verify there is no abnormality on the interface which are reported if witnessed.
Our OEC is equipped with two qualification lines:
• Low bitrate line; capable of testing transceivers from 100 Mbit to 10G
• High bitrates line, conducting physical layer test on 10G, 16G, 28G, 40G and 100G modules
When it comes to transceivers, ‘Temperature is the killer!’. Thanks to our climatic chambers, we are able to test transceivers over temperature cycles and measure:
• Transmitter characteristics such as output optical power, optical spectrum, eye diagram and dispersion penalty (measured using fiber spools)
• Receiver average and OMA sensitivity
• DDM Accuracy
• Electrical power consumption
In addition, we are able to conduct a complete media layer test. Using our protocol testers operating from Fast Ethernet (100 Mbps) to OTU4 (112 Gbps), we ensure that our transceivers can make error-free transmission over temperature cycles.