Skylane Optics is committed to protecting your data and respecting your privacy. We will be clear and transparent about the information we are collecting and what we will do with that information.
All personal data is collected and processed in a transparent manner and in accordance with Belgian and EU data protection laws, including the « GDPR » (Regulation 2016/679 of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data). We undertake to respect our obligations and your rights when we have to process your personal data.
- Who is responsible for processing your personal data ?
Skylane Optics S.A. is a limited liability company incorporated under Belgian law, with its registered office 18 rue du Moulin, 5650 Fraire (Belgium) and registered at the Banque Carrefour des Entreprises under the number 0463.918.534.
- What personal data do we collect ?
- Personal data
- Information you provide when you contact us
Generally, we do not collect personal data unless you provide this information voluntarily. For example, to simply browse our website, you are not required to provide any personal data.
As a general rule, Skylane Optics does not collect sensitive personal data (e.g. information related to racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religion or other beliefs, health etc.) on or through this website.
- Contact form
When you contact us using our contact form, we collect the following information: your name, your email address and any information you provide in the message field. We also collect your company name if you provide it.
If you do not provide the mandatory information required by our contact form, you will not be able to submit the contact form and we will not receive your enquiry.
When you send an email to the email address displayed on our website, we collect your email address and any other information you provide in that email (such as your name, telephone number and the information contained in any signature block in your email).
When you contact us by phone, we collect your phone number and any information provide to us during your conversation with us. We do not record phone calls.
If you contact us by post, we will collect any information you provide to us in any postal communication you send us.
When you sign up for our newsletters to receive information news and offers about our products and services on our website we collect your email address.
- Passive information collection and use
As you navigate through our website, certain information can be passively collected using various technologies and means such as IP address, cookies, Internet tags and navigational data collection.
When you visit our website, our web server temporarily records the following information for system security purposes: the domain name or IP address of the computer requesting access, the access date, the client’s file request (file name and URL), the HTTP response code and the website you are visiting from, and the number of bytes transferred over the connection.
- Why do we process your personal data ?
Your personal data may be used only for the following purposes:
- to respond to enquiries and messages we receive from you and to keep records of correspondence (legal basis for processing: our legitimate interest – article 6.1.f. of the GDPR);
- to send you our newsletter (legal basis for processing: your consent – article 6.1.a. of the GDPR);
- to conduct product-related surveys (legal basis for processing: our legitimate interest – article 6.1.f. of the GDPR);
- to analyze, manage and improve our website (legal basis for processing: our legitimate interest – article 6.1.f. of the GDPR);
- to help us diagnose problems with our server or other technical issues relating to the performance of our website (legal basis for processing: our legitimate interest – article 6.1.f. of the GDPR);
- to comply with a legal obligation (article 6.1.c. of the GDPR);
- Who has access to your personal data ?
- Your personal data may be shared with other companies within the Skylane Optics Group.
- Your personal data may be processed on our behalf by trusted service providers : to perform certain tasks, we use specialized partners who are bound by obligations of confidentiality and act as processors. We only provide them with the information they need to perform the service and ask them not to use your personal data for other purposes. We always strive to ensure that all those third parties we work with preserve the security of your data. For example, we may disclose your personal data to third parties who assist us in providing computing and storage services, archiving services, etc.
- We may also share your personal data with other third parties :
- To comply with a legal obligation ;
- To identify, contact or bring legal action against someone who may be causing injury to or interference with (either intentionally or unintentionally) our rights or property, customers or other users of the our website, or anyone else who could be harmed by such activities ;
- Otherwise with your consent.
- Skylane Optics may sell or buy other businesses or entities. In such event, we may transfer or assign the data we have collected as part of such merger, acquisition, sale, or other change of control. In such transactions, your personal data may be included in the transferred business assets.
- Also, in the unlikely event of our bankruptcy, insolvency, reorganization, or assignment for the benefit of creditors, we may not be able to control how your personal data are treated, transferred, or used and your personal data may be included in the transferred assets.
- Skylane Optics does not sell your personal data to third parties and has no intention of doing so in the future.
- How long do we keep your personal data ?
We will not retain your personal data for longer than is necessary to fulfil the purpose it is being processed for. To determine the appropriate retention period, we consider the amount, nature and sensitivity of the personal data, the purposes for which we process it and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means.
We must also consider periods for which we might need to retain personal data in order to meet our legal obligations or to deal with complaints, queries and to protect our legal rights in the event of a claim being made.
When we no longer need your personal data, we will securely delete or destroy it. We will also consider if and how we can minimize over time the personal data that we use, and if we can anonymize your personal data so that it can no longer be associated with you or identify you, in which case we may use that information without further notice to you.
- How do we protect your personal data ?
We take the protection of your personal data very seriously and take all reasonable precautions to prevent the loss, misuse, disclosure, unauthorized access or alteration of such data. We take appropriate technical (encryption, anti-virus, firewall, access control, etc.) and organizational (rigorous selection of employees, subcontractors, etc.) protection measures to ensure a level sufficient security. In addition, these security measures are regularly reviewed and adapted to ensure an adequate level of protection.
You should however be aware that, due to the open and unsecured character of Internet, Skylane Optics cannot be responsible for the security of transmission of the personal data over the Internet.
- Do we transfer your personal data outside the European Economic Area ?
None of the data from Skylane Optics SA Europe will will use outside of Europe
- Third-party websites
- What are your rights and how can you exercise them ?
Subject to certain limitations on certain rights, you have the following rights in relation to your personal data:
- Request access to your personal data. This enables you to receive a copy of the personal data we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
- Request rectification of the personal data that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate information we hold about you corrected.
- Request erasure of the personal data that we hold about you (« right to be forgotten »). This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal information where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. This is not an absolute right as we may be forced to keep your personal data for legal or legitimate reasons.
- Request the restriction of processing of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of personal data about you, for example, if you want us to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it.
- Object to processing of your personal data where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal data for direct marketing purposes.
- Request transfer of your personal data in an electronic and structured form to you or to another party (commonly known as a right to data portability). This enables you to take your data from us in an electronically useable format and to be able to transfer your data to another party in an electronically useable format.
- Withdraw your consent to the use of your personal data. In the limited circumstances where you may have provided your consent to the collection, processing and transfer of your personal data for a specific purpose, you have the right to withdraw your consent for that specific processing at any time. Once we have received notification that you have withdrawn your consent, we will no longer process your information for the purpose or purposes you originally agreed to, unless we have another legitimate basis for doing so in law.
If you want to exercise any of these rights, then please email us at email@example.com or write us at Skylane Optics S.A., rue du Moulin 18, 5650 Fraire (Belgium).
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal information (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request for access is clearly unfounded or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with the request in such circumstances.
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access the information (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is another appropriate security measure to ensure that personal information is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it.
- Questions and complaint
If you are not satisfied with the processing of your personal data by Skylane Optics, you have the possibility to file a complaint with the supervisory authority which, in Belgium, is the « Autorité de Protection des Données » (www.autoriteprotectiondonnees.be).
Thank you for visiting our website.
Last updated : 25/05/2018.